"Country Fresh"

I think I want to start using the phrase "country fresh" like "Don't make me go country fresh on you" or "Don't get country fresh with me". Btw "country fresh" is what Cracker Barrel calls what they want their employees to look like. During training we keep making jokes when we do bad things like, "that's probably not country fresh." The group I was training with was pretty goofy. It was fun! I graduated tonight from Cracker Barrel training and can I say that I'm going to be a bad ass server. Tomorrow is our friends and family day. My parents are actually driving up to support me. How cool are they? I'll let you all know how my first day goes tomorrow! Next week I work 4 shifts all started at either 6 am or 5 am. Am I like totally screwed? Yes. I'm going to have to mainline some caffeine before work. But my new friend Lindsey S. and I are wondering who the hell is even open at 4:30 in the freakin' morning? Btw my new friend Lindsey is awesome and I'm so glad I finally found someone else that managed to slip past Cracker Barrel's "country fresh" standards. We're both not gung-ho Aggie and totally not country at all. So we can commiserate! Woot. We talked about tattoos tonight while waiting in line. How awesome? I had to get rid of my tragus piercing to be able to work at Cracker Barrel. So now my only subversive body alteration is gone. My boyfriend even had to cut it out with pliers because it wouldn't come undone. I haven't taken it out in 2 years. Hopefully it doesn't close up. But I think I'm going to eventually get a tattoo somewhere just to spite Cracker Barrel. Ha! Maybe on my calf? My mom would probably flip out. I heard the top of your foot really hurts so I'm not sure I could do that. I wish I was bad ass enough for full sleeves. Oooo. That would be awesome! Also the first thing I'm going to do after I move and don't work at Cracker Barrel is finally get the monroe lip piercing I've been wanting.

Ok but I'm super excited about my new writing project. I'm hoping it can help me get a regular pattern down so I can work on this and start working on my novel finally at the same time! This new project is a screenplay I was asked to work on with an old friend of mine Jeff Turner. Jeff had a huge role in the beginning of my writing career. I'm so honored that he asked my help on his screenplay. He's already got actors interested in helping him sell it after we're finished. So this could be a huge break for me! It's a thriller which is a little out of my comfort zone but a good experiment for me. I'm going to be doing some research this weekend. Any suggestions of good thrillers I should watch? Think a la Sleeping with the Enemy (according to Jeff). I'll give a review of the movies I watch this weekend!

0 comments: