Lax about blogging...

I've been pretty derelict in my blogging duties as of late. Real life has taken over this past year. It has been an interesting one to say the least. But finally I'm doing something I love, working at a bookstore and can work on my own writing as well as my relationship with my significant other. Next weekend we're moving to a real house we'll be renting instead of this little shitty ass apartment in the ghetto. I'm very excited to have my very own office to decorate and write in. All those real life things really kept me from finding time to write but I got my butt in gear enough to send in the first chapter of my novel for the ArmadilloCon Writer's Workshop. I just found out today that I was put in the critique group with the Guest of Honor Rachel Caine (check out her Weather Warden series, it's awesome) and the amazing Patrice Sarath (writer of Gordath Wood, also super cool series). This was a huge surprise and I'm elated to have gotten chosen for this group. The only thing that could have been cooler was if I was put in the group with the Editor Guest of Honor. Although I would have been terrified! So I think this worked out for the best. My friend and fellow con-runner Katy Pace will also be in my group. I'm thrilled to know someone and hopefully won't feel as awkward as the last time I did this workshop. I also can't wait to see my friend Phoebe Kitanidis who just had an amazing young adult paranormal called Whisper come out a couple months ago. Anyway this has really kicked me in the pants and I want to start writing/blogging/tweeting more often again. So here's the beginning of many more! I should really go to bed now since it's past 3 in the morning. Lol. I just had a lot of pent up energy tonight. Btw. I just finished Swallowing Darkness by Laurell K. Hamilton and loved it! Really have no desire to read the Anita Blake series but I really like these erotic dark fantasies. Check them out.

0 comments: