I'm Just Not That Into Myself

So... first let me say how much I've been looking forward to the movie based on the brilliant book He's Just Not That Into You. It was a very liberating book and not negative towards women at all. It was actually very empowering when I read it. Their main message is that basically "you, the super fox reading this book, are worth asking out" and that we need to stop making excuses for guys who just aren't that into us. That we should value ourselves more and refuse to date guys who aren't going to treat us like the awesome, beautiful and talented women that we are. I was kind of irked when Jennifer Aniston said she wished the film was titled She's Just Not That Into You, that it would have made it more empowering. Obviously she hasn't read the book, which upsets me. Ridiculous these celebrities/actresses. *sigh*

Anyway rereading parts of that book in anticipation of the movie got my mind moving. Not about relationships because I'm about to graduate and move somewhere and I'm not a place in my life to date anyone. What I wanted to write about is that maybe I'm Just Not That Into Myself right now. I makes excuses for my behavior and am really not living up to the person I want to be. I let my school work and regular work go by the wayside and then justify it later so I don't feel bad. I end up feeling guilty anyway. I'm letting myself down in life and I'm fed up with being stuck in the same horrible patterns. But I think it's good news that I've realized this. The only person holding me back, is me. Well I think realizing all of this will help me. This post sounds like I'm just downing myself but really I just needed a Come to Jesus meeting with myself and this is it.

In similar news today I realized I haven't skipped a single class yet. I was late to one the other day but I forced myself to go anyway. How awesome?! Believe me this is a feat for me. I really want to keep it up throughout the semester. Really liking my classes helps I think. And knowing that they're all Tuesday/Thursday classes therefore if I missed one it would be really important helps too.

From here on out, I vow to stop making excuses for myself and strive my hardest to accomplish the things I set out to do. Let's see if I can hold myself to it.

Here's the trailer for that movie btw:


Ginnifer Goodwin, Drew Barrymore, Justin Long, and Leonardo Nam are who I'm excited about seeing. IMDB the last guy! He was in The Perfect Score and Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I think he is a hilarious and adorable Asian man. lol. I want to see him in more! He was SO funny in the Perfect Score. Really made the whole movie for me. *shrug* Ok I'm going to go work out.

2 comments:

alicojolico said...

i want to see that so bad!!

Lola (L. Colleen) said...

It was mediocre. I definitely recommend the book more. But if you watch the movie then read the book you won't be as disappointed. It was a cute enough movie... I guess you'll just have to see for yourself!