Oh! And I almost forgot...

Today marks the one year anniversary of my first steps as a writer. This time exactly last semester one Karyn Smith, lecturer, starting teaching me that I didn't have to wait to call myself a writer.

This is for you Karyn! One day when I'm finally published you'll be in the thanks. Otherwise I never would have published anything other than papers about Wainscot Worlds in Popular Fantasy until I was 40 and realized how unfulfilled my life was. Thanks for taking me under your wing and making me feel more special than the other kids in the class. (Other than Sarrah who is now one of my best friends.) Your endless goading and expert advice guided me toward taking the years off to pursue fiction that will probably save my sanity. Otherwise I would have gone straight into whatever second rate grad school that would take me instead of waiting out for what I really want. To Karyn, who was once my professor and mentor and I hope will always be my friend. When I'm famous I'll invite you to my birthday party. :D Haha.

0 comments: