S' been awhile.

So I'm gonna try to keep this up. Again... I know, I know. I've made this promise to my non existent readers before. Well I'm gonna try to keep it this time. A lot has happened since that angst-ridden post last Nov. Haha. I decided to give up dreaming about Clarion to work on my novel instead. I'm graduating in December now instead of the May or August I was hoping for. Sad day, I know. But I'm looking to try and study abroad this summer and next fall I'll only have to take like 2 classes. Which means lotsa writing time and hoping shopping out a manuscript to potential agents. We'll see how that goes. I think I can have a pretty good draft of the muse novel by then.

Why did I decide against Clarion you ask?
Well... I don't want to write short stories. Or at least not really fantasy short stories. All my short stories are historical fiction type stuff. Or comedic. Every time I sat down over the break to work on stories they evolved into stuff more suited to a novel and I couldn't get my muse novel off my brain. So obviously my brain knows something I don't and is telling me to get my ass in gear on this muse novel. And that's what I'm gonna do.

I'm gonna try to keep up with this and my treadmill journal better. Since maybe one day I'll have readers who'll want to read my random musings. Musings reminds me I need a catchy puntastic title for the muse novel. What about... Not A-Mused, nope. Musing and Using? Nope. Damn it. Oh well it'll come to me eventually. They always do.

Also! Merlin is going to become a novel. As is Making of the Treaty (see that's a catchy title) and the Amazon story... nope no catchy title for that one yet. But the main character's name is Aggy (Agape) and she's part of the Muse universe. Awesome right? That's what I have on the back burners right now. Since I'm taking two writing intensive classes and a history class with a professor that would love to rape all of us when we turn in our essays. However I think he'll love my equally cynical view of history and American society. Oh right and that directed studies that will have me buried up to my eyes in library books. lol. Nope I'm not complaining. I like all of these classes so far and I'll MAKE IT WORK! In the wise words of Tim Gun.

0 comments: