Mythcon Part I

I said I was going to be better about updating this thing. And I haven't been! But I'm going to get Sarrah and Lindsey to join the CNN with me and maybe it'll liven up the place. They might think the new layout is a little girly. We might change it up when they start writing here too.

But on to business...

I'm at Mythcon! I've signed my first autograph (it was just the lady who put together the program and she wanted all the presenters to sign, but still I felt special!). And got some good feedback. Obviously, my survey sucked because I'm an English major who tried to do something semi-science-y. But whatevs. I think as a trial it turned out ok and if I ever did this study again I would change it a lot. Oh! In case you didn't know (which you couldn't have unless I told you irl) yesterday I presented the paper I had written about my Linguistics directed study here at Mythcon in Los Angeles. Btw. The weather here=AMAZING! It's sunny but cool and breezy in the shade. I don't want to go back to Texas. My mom's going sight-seeing today while I listen to papers and what not. I also have to work on the paper I'm giving tomorrow. ACK! I might be up all night working on it.

So now I'm going to do some research on the other presenters and then go here GoH Diana Pavlac Glyer's keynote speech. I'll write more later to keep everyone updated!

1 comments:

Lindsey said...

I wish the weather here didn't suck! It's awful and hot and sticky. Although, it did rain yesterday which made it actually cool and breezey for a couple of hours.

Amish you, Lola. I hope your Mythcon stuff is going well. Make your mom take pictures.

Cute blooogggg layout! I need one. Mine is uber-boring but I've only been using it to post new poetry.