If this semester is ever over...

I will celebrate by finally getting my lip pierced. The past few days have been PURE HELL and my lovely boyfriend has been the only thing keeping me from falling apart. Also frequently being the object of distraction, but I'll forgive him for driving me around while sleep deprived, making sure I ate at least 2 meals a day and that I didn't have a full blown panic attack, although I came very close last night. Not a good week. But right now I am finishing (well about to be finishing after I write this) a paper and then I'll have another one to write by next week... if I get the extension I asked for. We'll see.

So, news on the home front:
New look for blog. Not sure how much I like it. The other one was more simple... I might change it again soon.
I was chosen to be the Programming Director for AggieCon 41!!! Woot! I've already got a huge spreadsheet of ideas going and so far the committee is looking like this will be the best AggieCon ever! I want us to do a Zombie theme. It would be AWESOME! Zombies are very in right now. I'm sure you'll hear more about AggieCon in the coming months. Which leads to...
This summer I'm going to be doing a huge convention marathon trying to make relations with regional guests and convince them AggieCon will be worth their time again. Plus getting ideas for programming and like last summer, I'll be applying to some writing workshops as well. So far on the line up for sure are Akon, ApolloCon and ArmadilloCon. I'm considering Fourth Street Convention, FiestaCon and ConQuest as well but there's a bit more traveling involved in those so we'll see which ones pan out.
Also! Not really related to AggieCon specifically, except that I'll probably get ideas for programming while I'm there, is that I'm submitting two abstracts for MythCon this summer. So if chosen I could go to LA to present a paper I've written! How cool would that be? Which reminds me I need to get back to my paper asap.

Oh sad news! Jenny Rappaport the literary agent of my dreams I wrote about previously got accepted to Odyssey. If only I had applied I could have met her! This sounds so silly but I'm very sure that we would get along great. Curse the fact that I'm graduating in December and really need to concentrate on applying to grad school. I'll meet her another way if it's meant to be. :/

Other than all that I'm just REALLY ready for the semester to be over. I'm moving home this summer, going to community college and hopefully working at the city library. I'm actually really excited about the prospect of working at the city library. It would be a childhood dream come true! I spent so many hours of my young child life in that library reading, good memories. Plus I've ALWAYS had a secret fantasy of being an awesome librarian. Now I can live it out!

0 comments: