Con, Sickness and my new Job

AggieCon is over. Thank the celestial beings whoever the hell they are. I've decided not to be as involved next year. I graduated from college and now I feel like I should graduate to helping with bigger conventions. I'll still help out if they ask me, but not as much as this year. Overall it went really well though. We had great feedback, especially about the programming and panels (which is what I did)! One lady even said it was the best AggieCon she'd been to in years. I wish I'd had more time to spend with my writer friends but they understand. Too bad I can't go to ConDFW this weekend. I was going to try to make it. But right now I really to take care of myself. Have some time off.
Because moving to my second topic, I'm SUPER sick. Not as sick today as last night (burning up, couldn't hardly move I ached so bad). I spent over 2 fucking hours in the doctor's office this morning. Don't they understand that most people in the doctor's office are not in the best moods because they're SICK! Geeze. Oh and I went through all that just to find out that I have a virus that will go away on its own. He just gave me a decongestant to treat the symptoms. Bull shit.
Oh and great just as I get sick I need to start my new job. Which is serving food to people! Luckily this week and next week is just training. The doctor said as long as I wasn't running a temperature I wasn't contagious. Hopefully I feel better tomorrow. I also have to go shopping for my loverly "country fresh" uniform. Oxford shirt, dark colored or khaki pants (cotton or cotton/polyester blend that can keep a crease), and I have to get rid of my beautiful manicure too. It's "Give me Moor" btw. We can only have clear nail polish. How lame? Oh well. I'm going to pretend that I'm going under cover. I'll probably end up falling into my old east texas accent too. Lol.

Well that's the update for now. When I get better I'll start writing again and then I'll have more stuff to blog about. *cough, cough* I'm gonna lay down again. Bleh.

0 comments: